Wednesday 25 April 2007

Photographer hurt at Ijok, Selangor by-election

Today, was the saddest day of my life, when I learn that my friend and fellow photographer, Paul Choo was hurt while covering the by-election in Ijok, Selangor. Please read in detail from his blog – choopaulo.blogspot.com.

According to him, when I later visited him at his home in Subang Jaya, he and another photographer was surrounded by a bunch of people wearing identical T-Shirt with a logo after lunch. Unable to drive fast enough and to defend himself, he was whacked with a mineral water for no apparent reason. Bleeding profusely near his eyes and without his spectacle, he drove away slowly as not to hit anyone accidentally. Later, he drove to a nearby clinic for treatment.

Knowing him since 2002 (he help me a lot in my transition into Digital SLR), he was neither the aggressive nor the samseng type, nor was he align to any political parties. He just love to take photograph, and will venture into any kampong and village on the way to his destination and would come back to show me his record of people in their daily life.

I was indeed shocked when I saw the wound near his right eye.

Wah! Like this also can ar?

Definitely, next general election, I am gonna stay home. I am not going out to cast my vote at some school unless they provide me with a robotcop suit or a armoured car with body guards. If government cannot ensure our safety before election, how can they ensure during Election Day?

I am sad, this thing is happening in Malaysia and Malaysia is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year! 50 years of independence…. What have we learn? …. and now we are back in the dark ages… maybe liken to Hitler Gestapo time (Heinrich Himmler with his Gestapo goons)… sad ! sad! sad!

Maybe, if I wanna vote. I should opt to submit my vote via postal. Yeah, maybe that’s what I gonna do. Save and sound. I should be able to drive my car to a post box, unwind the window a bit and shove my vote in with a little stick. Before that, I will have my car armor plated and bullet proofed.

If I have send my vote to a special EC bag then, sorry lar…. I am too scared to leave my car.

Well, I have said my piece. My blog was supposed to be a photoblog and not for ranting like this…well…. Get well Paul…. Hope that bugger get jailed for what he had done to you.

Good nite Malaysia! and Good Luck Ijok! ….. if anyone brave enough to get out to vote this weekend.

No comments: